This rich and creamy Baked Potato Soup is perfect for a cold winter day. Snuggle up in front of the fire with a warm bowl of this delicious soup. The perfect comfort food for you and your family.
Rene’s Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Many moons ago, I was in a Bunco group.
If you don’t know about Bunco, let me tell you.
It’s a dice game. It doesn’t take a lot of thought.
It’s mostly an excuse to get out of the house and see your girls…
We met once a month and had a blast!
If it was your turn to host, you were expected to provide a little nourishment.
Well, this recipe came from my long-time friend, Rene who served this one time.
I fell in love with it and continue to make it to this day.
If you prefer a meatless version, just leave out the bacon. But really. Who would??
Here you go.
Rene's Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Rich & creamy baked potato soup. Delicious on a cold winter day!
- 4 Large Baking Potatoes
- 2/3 Cup Butter
- 2/3 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 4 Cups Milk
- 2 Cups Half & Half
- 3/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 4 Green Onions
- 12 Slices Bacon
- 1 1/4 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 8oz. Carton Sour Cream
- Wash potatoes and prick several times with a fork.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400 for 1 hour or until done. Let cool.
- Dice potatoes with skin.
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add milk and half & half. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture is thick and bubbly.
- Add diced potatoes, salt, pepper, 2 Tbls. green onions, 1/2 of the bacon, and 1 cup cheese.
- Cook until thoroughly heated. Stir in sour cream. Heat through.
- Add extra milk, if needed, to reach the desired consistency.
- Serve with remaining green onion, bacon, and cheese for garnish.
- Add soup crackers, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
You might also like this Easy Breakfast Egg Casserole Perfect for Family Holidays or Kimberly’s Sweet Tea: Refreshingly Different.
This is a great soup, warm comfort food indeed.
Keep making memories with the food you cook and
Keep Passing Down the Love,